Unity

The human race is at a crossroads in our evolution. The choices we make over the next few years will determine the course of human existence. We can either come together and make the changes we need, or continue along our curent path to our inevitable self-destruction.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

No wonder we suck

So I just saw a commercial on TV for the new Hummer H3. A guy is emasculated in a grocery check out because he was buying all kinds of health food... emphasis on the tofu. He sees a Hummer brochure, goes to the dealer and drives away in one with the caption Restore Your Manhood in huge block letters as the commercial ends. At first I just kinda sat there with my mouth open... shit we all think it but never say it... and then I laughed my ass off. Now whenever I see a guy in a Hummer I will know his penis is probably small or his girlfriend beats him up.

The commercial did make think about how we are hypnotised everyday and almost literally being programmed by the corporations. Its no wonder we are overconsumers. We are being told everyday we have to buy all of this shit to be happy. Most of us believe it. I don't think we should give all our stuff away and become monks but we can slow down just a bit. Ok, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I drive a Cadillac, but I bought it before I knew all this and it's 12 years old. The fuel economy sucks, but if I buy a new car, it will actually cost more to make it in resources and oil, then my car will burn during the rest of it's expected life. By then... I hope we have a free or really cheap, non-polluting energy vehicle.

And no, my penis isn't small and my girlfriend doesn't hit me :) (I know your thinking it though)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home